- Wednesday to Sunday from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Last admission is at 5:30 pm
- The Gadagne and its museums are closed on 1 January, Easter Sunday, 1 may, 14 July and 25 December.
- Free admission to the shop, Gadagne café and gardens
- The documentation center is open by appointment on Thursdays from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
- By telephone: 04 78 42 03 61
- Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12:30 pm and from 2 to 5 pm.
- Email enquiries may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting the museum
Address: Gadagne, 1 place du petit Collège, 69005 Lyon
04 78 42 03 61
- Metro: line D, Vieux Lyon
- Bus: C3 and S1 (Gare Saint-Paul bus stop in both directions) ; C14, 19, 31, 40, S1 (Saint-Paul or la Feuillée: cross the Pont de la Feuillée bridge)
- Vélo´V free bike rental service to St Paul, Place Fousseret or Rue de la Baleine
- Public car parks: LPA St Georges, Saint Antoine and Célestins
- Coach Parking: quai Romain Rolland
In order to make your visit as safe as possible, the following safety measures have been introduced in the Gadagne:
- Masks are compulsory for visitors aged over 6
- Hand sanitiser is provided
- Visitor numbers are limited to comply with social distancing rules
- There are no cloakrooms or lockers to leave personal items. The following items are not permitted: helmets, suitcases, rucksacks, backpack baby carriers, scooters and skateboards.
The Museum reception staff are on hand to welcome you, give you information and ensure you enjoy your museum experience.
These rules may be amended in accordance with developments in the Covid-19 situation.
Thank you for your comprehension.
A single ticket admits visitors to the Lyon History Museum, the Puppetry Museum and temporary exhibitions.
- From 21 June to 22 November: €6 / €4
- From 23 November to 20 June: €8 / €6
- Museum card: €25 for unlimited access for one year to the City of Lyon's six main museums. €7 for 18/25 year-olds.
- Free admission: under 18s, jobseekers (proof required), disabled people and the person accompanying them, Lyon City Card holders, ICOM and ICOMOS cardholders.
- Guided visit adult ticket: €3 + museum admission ticket.
- Guided visit child ticket: €1
Visitors with reduced mobility
Visitors with reduced mobility can enter the museum through 14 rue de Gadagne, 40 metres from the main entrance to the building.
The building, cafe and gardens all have lifts and ramps (only room 23 of the Lyon History Museum is inaccessible).
N.B. the doorway between rooms 20 and 21 is 80 cm wide.
Please ask at reception if you would like to borrow a wheelchair for your visit.
Folding seats are also available from reception for those who may like to rest during their visit.
- Please book ahead on: 04 37 23 60 45
- From Monday to Wednesday, from 3 to 5 pm
- Thursdays & Fridays, from 10 am to 12 pm and from 3 to 5 pm
- Email enquiries may be sent to: email@example.com